Sport and recreation clubs across the Murray electorate have been successful in securing funding from the NSW Government for new equipment, facilities and programs through the Local Sport Grants Program.
Fourteen sport and recreation clubs will each receive grants in the latest round of funding which sees $4.2 million awarded to sports and recreation clubs across the state.
Member for Murray Austin Evans said the grants would be used to increase participation, upgrade facilities and equipment and help train coaches and volunteers.
“Sport is a vital part of the Murray community,” Mr Evans said.
“These grants will provide essential funds to our local clubs to help increase participation in sport and active recreation and contribute to improved social, health and cultural outcomes.
Minister for Sport, Stuart Ayres congratulated the grant recipients and said the NSW Government was proud to support a program which improved community health and encouraged participation in sport and recreation.
“Tackling childhood obesity and increasing regular and on-going participation in sport and active recreation for people of all ages is a NSW Government priority,” Mr Ayres said.
“These funds will help encourage people in our community, regardless of their age or ability, to get involved in sport and active recreation.”
For further information on the Local Sport Grants Program and the full list of grant recipients, visit: https://sport.nsw.gov.au/clubs/grants/localsport
The projects to receive funding are:
- Barham Koondrook Junior Basketball $2,000
- Barooga Little Athletics Centre $1,200
- Deniliquin and District Cricket Association $2,437
- Deniliquin Gymnastics Club $1,350
- Deniliquin Rhinos Cricket Club $2,000
- Griffith District Football Association $4,000 and $2,000 (two grants)
- Griffith Golf Club $800
- Griffith Little Athletics $5,000
- Griffith Netball Association $3,950
- Leeton Amateur Swimming Club $4,500
- Leeton Junior Phantoms Rugby Union Football Club $1,507
- Swan Hill Murray Downs Field and Game $5,000
- Wentworth District Tennis Club $15,000